A Handy Guide To Effective Cockroach Control For Bronx Property Owners
You can only do so much to avoid cockroaches in the Bronx. And if you happen to get a few cockroaches in your property, you won’t be able to get rid of them with ease. With this guide to effective cockroach control, you may be able to keep these dangerous pests away from your home or business.
Why Is Cockroach Control Important
If you’ve been hesitating to employ some cockroach control techniques, it’s time to take action. Without cockroach control, your home or business is in danger. Cockroaches are notorious for spreading disease. In fact, they are one of the most dangerous pests in the Bronx. They spread diseases, some of which are fatal.
As cockroaches crawl across your food, they contaminate it with pathogens. Cockroaches also can affect people with allergies. There’s a protein in cockroaches that can cause sneezing, coughing, and a runny nose. If you have a child with asthma in your home, the presence of cockroaches could trigger a severe asthma attack.
Even if cockroaches don’t make someone on your property sick, they cause other issues. Cockroach droppings are large and obvious. If you have a business, your customers could see the droppings. Additionally, a cockroach infestation causes a foul odor.
How To Prevent Cockroaches
On your own, cockroach prevention is difficult. This is because cockroaches are attracted to food and moisture, both of which are abundant in homes and businesses.
It’s almost impossible to keep cockroaches out without effective pest prevention in the Bronx. That said, there are some things you can do to prevent cockroaches or limit their numbers. All of the following are cockroach prevention tips:
- Say Goodbye To Clutter:Where there’s clutter, there are cockroaches. You can prevent cockroaches by removing all of their potential hiding spots. Every month, try to declutter your space. Whether you place unnecessary items in a storage shed or an attic, doing so could limit cockroaches.
- Do A Deep Clean: Although you might try to keep a clean home, crumbs and debris get into hard-to-reach places. Check under your appliances and in cupboards, and you might find some forgotten crumbs. If you forget to clean those areas, set a reminder on your calendar. Try to do a deep clean at least once every three months.
- Store Food Properly: Because cockroaches can live off the smallest of crumbs, it’s crucial to limit their food sources. One way to do this is to store your food properly. Look in your cupboards and pantry, and seal up anything that seems accessible to cockroaches. Bags of rice, cereal boxes, and other dried food could become cockroach food. Invest in some glass or plastic containers and use them to hold your dried foods. If they have secure lids, cockroaches can’t get in them.
- Seal Off Entryways: If you make it difficult for cockroaches to get into your home, they may stay outside. To make your home less accessible, you can seal off cracks and crevices. Check your windows and doors for gaps, and seal any openings that seem large enough for cockroaches or other insects.
- Fix Moisture Problems: Without access to water, cockroaches won’t survive. Think about the rooms in your home that have the most moisture. Then, consider what you can do to limit the moisture. You might need to fix a leaky pipe or use a dehumidifier. If you don’t have a vent in your bathroom, consider installing one.
- Hire A Pest Control Company: If you really want to keep pests out of your home, you need to work with an experienced pest control company. Contact Hello Pest Control for the best form of cockroach control.
Give Us A Call!
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.
“We didn’t even think twice about who to contact when we had a problem with termites.
Hello Pest Control always comes through for us.” Alexander M.
Hello Pest Control
545 Saw Mill River Rd
Ardsley, NY 10502
(914) 371 6871
Give Us A Call!